Minimum wear costs through optimum wear protection.
You are successful because you keep pushing the limits of what is possible. We accompany you with increased processing parameters for higher output, hard fillers and reinforcing agents for low raw material costs and better product properties as well as natural fibres and recycling material for environmental protection.
The requirements for wear protection are increasing. One more reason to choose WEBER quality.
- Standard: our standard solutions feature low purchasing costs and reliable wear protection.
- Wear protection: our models with wear protection offer the highest level of protection for maximum application reliability.
- Individual: on request, we supply individual solutions for your application, allowing you to benefit from the best possible wear behaviour and purchasing costs.
You have the choice
- Standard: ES/NE screw with long term nitration. NE screw from size NE6 additionally with partial armouring. Cylinder with long term nitration. Grooved bushes in bimetallic version (powder metallurgical steel with high carbide content).
- Wear protection: screws armoured and with tungsten carbide coating. Bimetallic cylinder with nickel based wear protection layer with high carbide content (tungsten carbide).
Single screw extruder ES/NE
- Standard: screw with long term nitration made of modified nitrided steel. From size DS11 with additional profile armouring with high carbide content (chromium + vanadium carbide). Cylinder with long term nitration made of modified nitrided steel.
- Wear protection: screw with profile armouring. Bimetallic cylinder with nickel based wear protection layer with high carbide content (tungsten carbide). Coating of flanks and screw core (e.g. tungsten carbide, multi layer chromium, CrN, etc.) on request.
Parallel twin screw extruder DS
- Standard: screw with long term nitration made of modified nitrided steel. Cylinder with long term nitration made of modified nitrided steel.
- Wear protection: screw with full surface profile armouring (chromium + vanadium carbide). Bimetallic cylinder with nickel based wear protection layer with high carbide content (tungsten carbide). Coating of flanks and screw core (e.g. tungsten carbide, multi layer chromium, CrN, etc.) on request.
Conical twin screw extruder CE
for the combination of different wear protection solutions, we attach great importance to a “smooth” relationship.
High tech – made in Kronach
The latest system technology for unique quality
We have used our decades of experience with the tried and tested PTA armouring process to now set new standards with regard to process reliability and quality using state-of-the-art laser technology as well as optical and thermo-sensitive control technology.
Controlled heat input and targeted temperature guiding in the core and on the surface are the key to optimum layer quality. Perfect linking, low melting.
- Our resistant perfect couple – fluoropolymer processing
Screws: highly resistant nickel chromium molybdenum alloy
Cylinders: bimetallic cylinder with TC inserts
Application example 3
- Das Traumpaar für Fluorpolymere
Schnecken: durchgehärteter Stahl
Zylinder: Bimetallzylinder mit WC-Einsätzen
Do you want to live forever?
We give your processing units a new lease on life.
Use our varied options for regeneration of screws and cylinders.
- Replacing inserts
- Replacing segments
The processing of WPC materials very often leads to corrosive and abrasive wear patterns due to the material components. The use of bimetallic cylinders with TC wear protection layer and armouring of the screw profiles with a material containing vanadium carbide increases the service life of the processing unit many times over. It is the WEBER standard for WPC extruders today. TC and Cr coatings are used successfully particularly for increased corrosive action on flanks and screw root.
In the manufacturing of window profiles, the formulations are mainly divided into those for the Central European area and those for hot climates. These formulations have a substantially increased titanium dioxide content which leads to an increased wear rate. The use of processing units with wear protection has proven successful in these applications. Bimetallic cylinders with TC wear protection layer and screws with VC profile armouring are normally used for this.
The processing unit is under particular stress when fluoropolymers are used. The single screw extruders used are therefore equipped with a fully hardened screw and a special bimetallic cylinder.